Through this ultrasound technique, doctors can also identify if any problems while pregnancy time. This ultrasound technique is done on the following occasions:
- To confirm the pregnancy
- To check the fetal heartbeat
- To decide the approx. date of delivery
- Examination of the uterus, placenta, ovaries and cervix
- To diagnose miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy
- Checking of an abnormal growth in the fetus.
How should women prepare for obstetrical Sonography?
While this ultrasound tests, a woman’s bladder should be full to get a clear image of the fetus and reproductive organs. The woman is requiring drinking two to three eight-ounce glasses of water an hour before the test. Also, a woman doesn’t allow urinating before the ultrasound test.